Last Modified: March 2020
Lashology Ltd. (“Lashology,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.lashologybeauty.com (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including any other website operated by Lashology, Vargaro, or another third party; or
- Any third party, including our affiliates or subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- that is about you, but individually does not identify you, such as your gender, age, and geographic location; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, data center locations, and information collected through cookies, Google Analytics, and other tracking technologies.
- Information You Provide to Us.
The information we may collect from you may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or the Vargaro website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Vargaro website, making purchases, or requesting services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research and feedback purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Vargaro website and the fulfillment of your orders.
- Any other types of information you provide to us.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you use the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain such data or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This data collection helps us improve the Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we may use for this automatic data collection include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (“flash cookies”) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Section 8, below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as “web beacons” (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Lashology, for example, to count users who have visited a page or for other similar website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may tie statistical information collected automatically to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you voluntarily provide to us.
- How We Use Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your services, including schedule changes, at our discretion.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it, at our discretion.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, if any, who are bound by the same standards and policies that apply to Lashology.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business activities, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them including, but not limited to, Vargaro.
- To a successor in interest in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other transfer of some or all of Lashology’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Lashology about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lashology or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us, and have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers.If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by Lashology to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which you provide your data, or at any other time by logging into the Vargaro website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes, or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Lashology as a result of a product purchase or other transactions.
- Data Security. We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password for access to certain parts of the Vargaro website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although make commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website or to the Vargaro website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or on the Vargaro website.